Thursday, March 5, 2009

Where I work

On a side note, the Deutsche Bank building on Unter den Linden is likely the most intriguing building I have ever worked at. It is an elegant combination between a modern art exhibit (the walls are decorated with a rotating exhibit consisting of unconventional photography), high tech (with sophisticated security intallations and indirect, full spectrum lighting), and palace (with a generous atrium, spacious covered courtyard, and a marvelous staircase with differnt marble types on the walls). As a connoisseur of interior design, it is a real joy every day to be in this building. Because of my obvious enthusiam of my workplace, I felt the need to share this with you.

Some information about the artworks hanging just outside my office. I literally walk past these artworks every day. Really cool!: http://www.db.com/csr/en/content/6889.htm


View from across Unter den Linden: I like it. The office building consists of two formerly seperate buildings "connected". Inside, you have to use a small set of stairs on the same floor to get from one side to the other. On-the-job exercise is always good.




The courtyard: A good source of light for the offices facing inside. By the way, there is German / European law that dictates that employees must sit near a window. Wished we had that in the States. For my friends in Washington D.C., this courtyard reminds me alot of the courtyard at the National Portrait Gallery at Gallery Place.


The Deutsche Guggenheim: Yes, there is actually a museum inside the building! How great is that?

The Deutsche Guggenheim: http://www.deutsche-guggenheim.de/



Deutsche Bank: On the corner of Unter Den Linden and Charlottenstrasse.

No comments: